The Foundation will make 15 to 20 grants from $10,000 to $20,000 to help local nonprofit organizations meet their capacity building needs. The duration of funded projects is expected to range from three to nine months.
Capacity-Building Mini-Grants How to Apply Webinar 4/2/18
Capacity-Building Mini-Grants are designed to support nonprofits of all sizes to invest in short-term activities and projects that will contribute to organizational strength and capacity. The Mini-Grants will support specific internal or external organizational efforts to boost the applicant’s sustainability and enhance their capacity to improve health equity in our community.
The following is a list of examples of the types of Capacity-Building Mini-Grant proposals that organizations could consider. Please use this list to inspire your thinking– each organization and community’s needs should guide project proposals. These are just suggestions.
Ideas may include but are not limited to:
- Organizational enhancements or assessments which may include community needs assessment, feasibility studies, policy improvements, financial process improvements, website enhancements, etc.
- Plan development including strategic planning, fundraising or marketing plans, etc.
- Leadership/Staff/Board professional development which may include conference attendance, training, employee recruitment and retention efforts, etc.
- Specialized training to support things such as CRM system management, mission ambassadorship and mission-based service, outcomes measurement, etc.
- Technology enhancements including hardware, software, internet improvements, firewall enhancements, implementation of a database management system etc.
- Collaboration or convening of local partners around a community topic.
Key Dates and Deadlines
|Last Day for Think-Out-Loud Sessions||March 30, 2018|
|RFP Release Date||April 2, 2018|
|How-To-Apply Webinar||April 2, 2018 at 3 pm|
|Deadline for Applications||April 27, 2018 at 5 pm|
|Award Notifications||Week of June 11, 2018|
|Funded Partner Orientation||June 19, 2018 at 2 pm|