Advancing race equity to improve health in Pinellas County, Florida is a community-wide endeavor. Many have been working at it for years, others are coming to the issue with fresh curiosity and much to learn. Wherever you are on the journey—from basic awareness to seasoned activist—the Foundation is a community resource to support you.
The energy and opportunity of this moment are remarkable –let’s make it count!
Although the circumstances of COVID-19 have disrupted our lives and required adjustments to our work, the basic 5 categories of Foundation investment remain consistent:
Equity Movement Building
Empowering a healthier, more equitable community through inspiration, skills and action
- Speakers Who Inspire lecture series
- Courageous Conversation about Race seminar
- Strategic communications to shift understanding of race, poverty, health equity and social change
Convening People for Solutions
Supporting people and organizations across sectors to change systems and solve problems
- Equitable economic development
- Community food systems
Research & Data for Health Equity
Understanding community health and health disparities
- Listening to and cataloguing community needs
- Commissioning research about county health and equity in Pinellas County
- Publishing and disseminating research data
- Studying the impact of policy on people
Grantmaking & Capacity Building
Investing in programs and projects to improve community health and equity
- Grants to nonprofits serving South Pinellas County
- Grants to multi-year collaborative initiatives to change systems
- Nonprofit training and technical support
Center for Health Equity
Where People Create Change
A place to collaborate, create solutions, incubate ideas, teach, learn and innovate community solutions for health equity. An investment in our community’s capacity for innovation and positive social change.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Center is closed indefinitely. For the latest updates on our COVID-19 response and resources, click here.
Every person equitably achieves optimal health and well-being.
To end differences in health due to social or structural disadvantages to improve population health.
We do this by inspiring and empowering people, ideas, information exchange, organizations and relationships.