As of the 2019 Census, 10.2% of Pinellas County residents reported they were Hispanic, and 11.1% disclosed that they were Black. Those two demographics combined form 21.3% of Pinellas County. The tipping point for positive change can occur with 25%. When allies unite alongside BIPOC there is great potential to shift systems for the benefit of all. We are stronger when we work together.
attended 46+ Equity Education engagement opportunities (including events, training sessions, and community meetings) in 2020!
The Foundation works to address the root causes of problems which harm the health and quality of life of BIPOC residents in Pinellas County; outdated racist ideas which still show up in present day life. FHSP believes that more than treating a symptom, entire systems should be transformed. Systems change begins with multi-sector collaboration, and can either be updated to be more equitable, or innovated - to start fresh. We know that when outcomes improve for some, the community as a whole gets stronger.
The YouGood? campaign united service providers under one banner to create a continuum of care. By destigmatizing mental health with the help of local artists, the program generated enough media attention to promote the free services to 750k residents.
The Foundation acts as a connector, a listening ear, and a source of funding, technology, physical and digital space, data, relationships, training, and equity education. These resources (or "fuel") accelerate race equity work that has been envisioned, brought to life, and led by the community.
due to the efforts of funded partners. Previously 44.4% of low income households, and 27% of middle-class households were without an internet subscription in the South St. Petersburg CRA.
The Foundation for a Healthy St. Petersburg is a private foundation formed in 2013 following the sale of the nonprofit Bayfront Health St. Petersburg. It is the steward of $164 million in assets to support race equity and health equity in Pinellas County.
The Foundation inspires and empowers people, ideas, information exchange, organizations and relationships to end differences in health due to institutional racism.
Redlining led to racial residential segregation which persists today. Those who live in Vinoy/ Snell Isle average 82 years, and those who live in Campbell Park, a predominantly Black neighborhood, average 66.5 years.
2333 34th St S.
St. Petersburg, FL 33711
Thank you for reaching out. Someone from our team will be in touch soon.
It is through our collective actions and ideas that we will achieve race and healthy equity in Pinellas County. Keep pushing the movement forward. Connect with the Foundation to stay updated on opportunities, developments, and events around equity.
Thank you for your interest!
The Foundation sends out a regular e-newsletter and periodic updates to subscribers. We do not share, sell, or provide your information to any other organizations.